A monument sign makes a difference to your business or residential development by giving a professional look to your organization and making it easy to locate your business. If strategically placed, it directs people right to your corporation and creates a lasting impression on them. Here are some tips to help you choose the right monument sign for your establishment.
- Evaluate the goal of the sign- will it distinguish a subdivision, get possible tenants to an apartment community or distinguish a shopping center or tenants leasing there.
- The sign’s location is important as it should not be placed in the sight triangle or off property.
- Check the local authorities for the allowable square footage, setbacks and flow lines. Most signs don’t account for the tenant’s allowable sq. footage in most cities, which means it’s free signage for you.
- Next, consider the ‘flavor’ of the name as the design, font and layout should represent the property’s name well. A Victorian style font will not serve well for a computer shop!
- Choose the right material for your monument sign. The most common types used are steel, aluminum, wood, ma sonry and expanded polystyrene. Wood is usually the cheapest and lasts about 5-10 years.
Though steel is reasonably priced and may last 10-15 years, it can rust. Expanded polystyrene signs have foam in the core with a hard, fiberglass shell coating. Though they hold up well, they don’t have much structural strength. If not tampered with, they may last 10 – 20 years.
Aluminum is a great material to use for constructing monument signs as it never rusts and can last 20-30 years if well constructed. Masonry signs are the longest lasting and well constructed ones can last 50 years or more. A blend of aluminum and masonry creates the best sign for long life and gives space for creativity.
No matter what establishment you run, these 5 tips should help you choose the right monument sign from your sign company. Remember it is the perfect sign that creates the best impression and a professional image to customers and visitors of your property. Call up your favorite signs company at 918.252.2258 for more details!